Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Little World Views

Like ducks in a line, these buddhas adorn the counter of a Chinese restaurant around the corner from me.  When I have a yen for noodly cuisine, I head over there for take-out.  No surprise to see the line-up as it is a common accent in the decor of Chinese eateries.  But check this out...


...is it just me, or is this mischievous little character at the end...


...eyeing the pastis?!

Have a great day!

Yours in offering a bit of irreverent humor for your mid-week,
leslie

6 comments:

donna said...

ah...i'm up late...it's 12:15 AM here......am i mistaken?...it looks like a Madonna in the midst of those buddhas............quite a group there!

Linda said...

I like the fact that they have Mary in there too.

la fourchette said...

donna, you are up late! right you are...madonna is smack dab in the middle of the line-up...bringing a bit of feminine energy to this big happy family. (wish the food there were better at this place because I like their set up!) sweet dreams...

Linda, I do, too...and very astute of you and donna to pick that up tout de suite! They work nicely together, non? (lovely to see you, by the way!)

AL said...

What a coincidence...I am sitting here checking mail and enjoying a pastis (Ricard) and some cheese and pate. I don't know about the one eying the pastis, but I think the one in the middle got to it first!

Anonymous said...

I love Chinese food...pork fried rice is my favorite. Love the line-up with Mary in the middle! Quite the group!

la fourchette said...

AL, hah! That is a coincidence! It would seem you are in very good company.

Kris, me too...but I'm a kung pao chicken girl, myself.

Yes, when my sister saw it she laughed and began singing The Beatles... "Lady Madonna, buddhas at your feet...." She just cracks me up!

You migh also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...