Monday, February 27, 2012

Let the Sparkle Continue...

...a little more to kick this week off.  Not to mention, a bit of a giggle.

Wandering through one of the ba-zillion antique shops in Isle sur la Sorgue, I made a photo of these chandelier reflections.  That's me in the lower right-hand corner of the mirror looking a little spooky with the dark shadows and wild 'do...


...but check out the left-hand corner:  that's the disapproving salesperson who immediately approached me asking in a very chilly tone if she could help me.  (At least she didn't make my buy the things I'd photographed!)  Ahhh...the risky life of an artist.  ;}

Yours in reflection on risks worth taking,
leslie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! She does not look like a "happy camper". LOL. I've read on other peoples blogs that antique dealers at local fairs here in the US aren't keen on photos taken of items they are displaying. I don't know why...you'd think that they would want the free adverting.

AL said...

Oh what a dangerous and exciting life you lead...living on the edge, Leslie, to bring us such delightful images. I sometimes get told "NO photos" and have even had someone usher me out of a shop!

la fourchette said...

Kris, you can say that again! I'm not exactly sure why there is the resistance to photos...curious...but not uncommon.

AL, ah yes, 'dangerous and exciting'! Hah! I should have used the more appropriate moniker for such edge-living: arteeste. ;} What is it with these shop owners?! There's a shop on my old rue that has a big sign in the window for no photos and they are quite disagreeable about it. I was once scolded publicly for shooting a window display...and again for shooting in a brocantes fair...where the vendor was quite proprietary over his arrangements...and was apparently ready to take credit for the light that fell on his collection of baskets...who knows. But it's always worth the risk...even for just a bit of humor like this shot.

Mélanie A. said...

Love this photo and love the story that goes with it

la fourchette said...

Mélanie A., Thanks...and thanks! It was fun to do...and to share.

You migh also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...