Monday, January 09, 2012

The Times They Are A-Changin'

With a little curtsy to Bob Dylan for the lead-in to this post, this week I bring you the 2012 Epiphany parade in Aix. 

Of course, as you know, in the Christian tradition, Epiphany is the celebration of the three wise men/kings (whom I always referred to, when I was little, as "the three kings from orientare".  I wasn't familiar with musical phrasing yet and I really didn't understand where they were from in the first place...but I digress...) make the journey to Bethlehem bearing gifts for the newborn Jesus. 

But of course this is France.  So here are two of our three wise men (or should I say 'wise guys') out and about during a break.  One is munching on a crêpe (which is a wise move - they're delicious here! Perhaps he has another in his pocket to offer to the baby he's headed to see...) and the other, bringing a uniquely French flair to his portrayal by carrying a man-bag.  That must be where he's storing his gift.


Have a great start to your week!

Amicalement,
leslie

5 comments:

donna said...

your Kings from Orientare delight my heart..........

leslie said...

Leslie, so nice to hear from you. Thank you for the lovely comments. I don't think you will be disappointed in the recipe. Hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year.
leslie

leslie said...

Oh, I forgot to say that I love the new look of your blog. Change is fun.
leslie

la fourchette said...

donna, ;}

leslie, I'm trying to get out in the cyber 'hood a bit more and I was eager to see what was new chez toi! What a lovely surprise to see you had prepared my favorite muffins for my arrival! (no, I know. not really for me, but it was fun serendipity, none the less.) Thanks for the kind words on the new changes. Yes, change *is* good...once one moves through the preparatory knot of it, huh?!

Anonymous said...

"The three wise men from orientare" HA HA That is precious!

These must be the "new modern" wise men...eating crepes and carrying a man bag. How did Jesus ever know it would come down to this! LOL

You migh also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...