Thursday, January 12, 2012

Note To Self...

...I keep thinking that my little French life would be much more fun easier if I had one of these...


Of course, the images in my head include me zipping around, fashionable scarf tied around my neck with a casual European flair.  Lifted by the breeze, the pastel-toned silk blows frivolously and trails behind (under my helmet, of course) as I pick up speed...then I think of Isador Duncan and that image dissolves in a quick poof!

No, I'd probably be more like Popeye's Olive Oyl, all arms and legs trying to look cool as I maneuver through the round-a-bouts, a tad too timid to be skillful...which would lead to a bit of yelping at near-misses ... and bugs in my teeth each time I opened my mouth to yelp.

I think I'll just stick to collecting images like this and enjoying my daydreams about how cool I might be if I had a Vespa scooter.

Yeah.  That's the ticket.

Amicalement,
leslie

5 comments:

la fourchette said...

ooops! I was in a hurry this morning...Correction: Isador*a* Duncan.

For just a brief bit of background...she was a dancer, maybe the 'mother of modern dance', who lived as the 19th century became the 20th. Let's just say she liked to 'color outside the lines' in terms of how she lived her life and was strangled by her scarf in a freak accident in a fancy sports car as she rode away with what is reported to be a lover along the Côte d'Azur.

I, too, like to 'color outside the lines' but my tendency to do so just seems to manifest much differently...

donna said...

i like your storyline...i too am one to daydream....but am a bit of a klutz....so they are just imaginings of what might be if.......my swiss friend has stories of leaving on her vespa for high school in switzerland with wet hair from her morning shower...she said her hair froze straight behind her head.....a bit hard to look cool!

Anonymous said...

I don't think I would be brave enough to ride a Vespa...at least not on the streets. (Although I like the idea of riding a pink one) Maybe on a country road where there weren't any cars. Love the part of your story where you get bugs in your teeth when you yelp! Still chuckling.

John Atkinson said...

But this vespa sports a windshield, also serviceable as a bug shield. So smile away!

la fourchette said...

John, ah yes. My vespa would, too. I suspect somehow I'd still end up flossing out bugs. ;}

You migh also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...