Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Little World Views


You know when you're just walking along, minding your own business (trying to get your little fluffy dog to mind his, too) and the light changes in an instant? 

On our daily constitutional last evening there was just such a moment.  I happened to look over my shoulder towards one of my favorite cafés in town and the windows lit up in a magical way.  The sun was setting over near the Rotonde, throwing peach-colored rays down Cours Mirabeau.  My fellow Aixoise were making their way home after a work day and stopping in at this café or another.

Le Grillon was the café I made my cantine* upon my arrival in Aix.  I cannot begin to tell you how many pages have been scribbled there, how many people have been watched from one of these comfortable chairs.  How many cups of chocolat chaud** consumed as I adjusted to the cold weather here.

Want to know what else is very cool about this particular café?  The bathrooms!  Yes, that is a measure for me around here and this place is at the top of the list. They are lovely...really!  En plus***, they don't fuss if I make a pit stop mid-errand or on the long walk back from a rental car return.  Too much information?  I suspect there will be some readers out there who will really appreciate knowing this little detail one day in the future.  Trust me, such conveniences are rare in these parts.  But let's just keep this entre nous****, shall we?  Wouldn't want to lose my local perks.

 * local watering hole
** hot chocolate
*** what's more
**** between us

2 comments:

Char said...

it is beautiful

la fourchette said...

Char, merci!

You migh also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...