Friday, January 21, 2011

Little World Views - Snow in Provence


You'd think after seven winters in this place I'd learn.  But noooo-ooooo.

Last night when I stepped outside to take Bodhi out for his last little business trip before bedtime,  I saw something fall on my black coat sleeve.  This never fails to send my brain into confusion.  My now-predictable series of thoughts goes something like this:

What is this?  
Is something falling from the roof above?  
Is it raining?  It doesn't seem to be wet?  That's odd. 
What could possibly be white and falling from the sk...
...ohhhhh.  Right.  It's snowing.  Now I remember.


Then I laugh at myself...again...for taking so long to figure out this thing called weather in these parts.  Let's just say that some California girls take a little longer to catch on than others.  On second thought, let's not say that.  Let's just leave it as part of my charm.


These shots show what was left this morning of the neige* from last night.  I know, I know.  Some of you out there are saying, "She's calling that snow?!"  

Why, yes, dear readers.  Yes, I am.   I am daring to call this snow!  


Plan to stop back in over the weekend because I've got something special to share.  I'm going to take you to Stes. Maries de la Mer for a little pilgrimage.  Grab your flip-flops - we'll be walking to the beach.  Or, better yet,  just plan to grab a cup of tea and prepare to put your petits pieds** up to enjoy the posts for Saturday and Sunday.  See you then!

Ciao,
Leslie

* snow
** little feet

2 comments:

donna said...

i adore the first pic....can't wait for the posting this weekend...i'm ready to get out of town!!! (even IF it is just visually!)....this calif. girl lived in ohio for a year and a half....never could make friends with the "white stuff"...it's just TOO cold!

la fourchette said...

donna, thanks! The morning light was really lovely today - gave a soft hue to the frosty rooftops...but the day's sunshine licked away the last of our frosting.

The weekend posts are taking the gang seaside...no white stuff!

Ciao,
Leslie

You migh also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...