Sunday, March 25, 2012

First Sunday of Spring

My favorite (I mean f.a.v.o.r.i.t.e!) tree in town is this one...


...and this is the first year I've managed to catch a photo of it in full bloom.  The display of white feathery blossoms usually arrives within the first few lovely days we have here as winter heads out of town...but it doesn't last long because our spring is tempermental.  As you can see by the grey skies in the background, this lovely burst is likely to be stripped in the next few days by winds or rains or both.  Yay, me!  I managed to catch it this time...albeit with a background of clouds.  Oh well.  There's always next year.

Bon dimanche...or what's left of it!
leslie

5 comments:

AL said...

Your joy and exuberance is blossoming through with this picture Leslie. It is always great when you see something like this and you just feel so very good with life. Happy week.

Anonymous said...

Lovely image. Don't you just love the first white blossoms you see after a grey, rainy, and snowy winter. It always brightens my spirit.

aixcentric said...

What a fantastic angle! You 'see' such unusual shots............

Anonymous said...

Ou etes-vous, Leslie? You've become my very favorite expat blog, and I'm missing you. I'm a former student in Aix (longer ago than I care to say) and your photos and verbal glimpses of your life there are balm to my soul.

la fourchette said...

AL, merci!

Kris, yup! and those puppies have all been swept away by the rains now...making room for the new leaves that should be making an appearance any day now.

aixcentric, thanks so much! Just how I see the world!

Anon, so sorry for the inintended hiatus. What a sweet message. Thank you! Every once in a while I just need to unplug from all of these lovely networks. I think I've caught my breath now so I'll see if I can get things back on track and return some photographic order to la fourchette...and perhaps even offering balm to your soul! ('favorite expat blog'...Thanks again for the lovely compliment!)

You migh also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...