Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Wednesday Window on Provence - Self Portrait

In our portraiture exploration, I just assigned my impressively adventurous students (I love them - and they really do impress me!) to do a self-portrait.  Since I wouldn't ask them to do something I wouldn't do, I thought it fitting to take my own assignment and update mine.  If you've never done one, it's an interesting process...just ask my students!


Reflections are easy when the spring sunshine is filling our little corner of the world.  Today...err...not so much.  Rain in the 'hood.  But nothing like what happened in Texas yesterday...lordy, lordy!  I hope all of our friends in the mighty state of Texas are okay and finding their way through yesterday's whopper storm!

Yours...in the window...
leslie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leslie,

A~D~O~R~A~B~L~E image of you! I love it.

Yesterday was quite a day here in Dallas. We live in the Northwest part of Dallas and the tornados were in south Dallas and Arlington. The damage is horrific but through it all no one lost their life! We were some of lucky ones and got by with torrential rains, hail and winds. There were two tornados simultaneously on the ground at the same time! 10 tornados total! Phew...What a day.

leslie said...

First of all I love this idea for a self portrait but I'm wondering if I've missed something along the way. Are you teaching this photography class? How wonderful if you are. You know I'm a big fan.

la fourchette said...

Kris, merci (insert curtsy here.) ;}

Yes, it was you, m'dear, that I thought of first upon hearing the reports (here in France!) of the devastating storms and tornadoes in Texas. Glad to know you escaped the major drama and that in spite of how intense it was, all came through okay! whew! Hope spring lightens up on you all!

leslie, yes, that would be me teaching a photog course. I was asked to teach the intro to photog course for one of the university programs here and I'm loving it! Thanks so much for the lovely compliment! As you know, I'm a fan of your work as well, making us what we might call 'mutual fans'!

Anonymous said...

And this beautiful woman is my sister....looks, talent and brains - I love you!

la fourchette said...

Okay...I wasn't going to publish this comment because it made me blush...but *this*, dear readers, is my lovely sister and deserves to be introduced as 'best in the world'...that would be 'whole world'! (still blushing, Tams...and you say this even though you know my not-so-charming parts...that's just how cool you are. i love you, too...probably even more!)

You migh also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...